Greater Valley Forge Human Resources Association,
invites you to submit a proposal to be a speaker at the
Greater Valley Forge HR Summit
Friday, October 18, 2013
Penn State Great Valley Campus in Malvern, PA.
The full day conference will be composed of a panel discussion and nine (9) presentations comprised of three (3) concurrent sessions of 1.5 hours each and lunch. This year’s Summit theme is
What’s Next? The Future of HR
Speaker Application Process:
- Presentation Topic:
Your presentation should put the HR function into a business perspective and be geared toward the Summit theme of “What’s Next? The Future of HR”. Possible areas that could be explored are as follows:
Business Strategy and the Role of HR
- Helping to identify and execute human capital initiatives that grow shareholder value
- Graphically showing the intersection between business strategy and HR
- Finding employees with the increasingly needed specialized skills
- Breaking down cultural barriers that make it difficult to create a truly global enterprise
- Having an HR strategy that is integrated with the business strategy
- Having effective HR metrics and analytics
- Having an HR staff with technical, organizational dynamics, business partner, and metrics skills
- The future of the HR profession
- Expressing business objectives and HR solutions in the language of your business clients
- Enabling the development of focused business case justification for your human capital investments
- Developing the next generation of corporate leaders
- Developing human capital managers at all levels of the organization
- Maintaining a culture of trust, open communications, and fairness
- Offering a higher total rewards package than the competition
- Providing employees with opportunities for career advancement
- Demonstrating commitment to employee development
- Encouraging employees to make decisions and take risks
HR Value Creation and Building Capability
- Creating smooth and efficient HR processes that ensure a good employee experience
- Creating an employee-centric, service oriented HR organization
- Showing commitment to corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- The use of information technology
- Focusing on HR talent development
- Retaining and rewarding the best employees
- Remaining competitive in the talent marketplace
HR Competencies and Innovation
- Creating a culture that attracts the best employees to you organization
- Finding the right employees in the right markets where we do global business
- Having HR activities that focus on organization design, organization development, change management, employee development, and metrics
- Utilizing computer systems for training and development
- Obtaining human capital and optimizing human capital investment
- Obtaining intellectual capital and maximizing intellectual capital investment
- Presenting the contribution of the HR function in quantitative terms
2. Your Presentation Proposal: (please use the following format & provide a response for each category)
- Your Name, E-mail Address and Phone Number
- Title of Your Presentation
- How does your presentation tie into the Summit “What’s Next? The Future of HR” theme?
- List the learning objectives of your presentation. Please complete the following sentence: “Following my presentation, participants will be able to…” Please submit 3 learning objectives describing the following:
- The outcomes you plan to achieve.
- How your presentation will change the participant’s behavior, to do something better or do something differently.
- Will the participant be able to use the information you present immediately?
- What level of HR professional are you targeting: HR Coordinator, HR Manager/Director, Chief HR Officer?
- Provide a session overview in 500 words or less. Describe the content of your presentation as well as the method of delivery e.g. case study review, interactive exercise, etc. Please provide enough information for the reviewers to visualize your presentation.
- Describe your expertise supporting the program you are presenting and your ability to relate to an audience of HR professionals.
- Please provide a brief biography (200 words or less) that can be used in our HRCI submission and promotional materials. A resume may be attached but can only be used as supporting documentation.
3. Proposal Selection:
A panel of GVFHRA Summit planning members will review the presentations on the following criteria:
- The degree to which the presentation supports one or more of SHRM’s strategic, general, or global area of HRCI credits. Priority will be given to those sessions that would potentially qualify for strategic HRCI credits.
- Thoroughness of the submitted matter and proposal.
- Quality of learning objectives.
- Level of interactivity and method of diverse teaching styles.
- Quality of takeaway tools offered to conference participants.
- Appeal to a diverse and broad spectrum of attendees.
4. Submit Your Proposal by Mail or E-mail to:
Lori Stokes-Powers, GVFHRA Chapter Administrator
2119 County Line Road, Villanova, PA 19085-1733
5. General Information:
- Applicants are limited to a maximum of two applications per individual or organization on different topics.
- If selected as a presenter, you will be required to submit your presentation by August 16th, 2013 and bring your presentation on a flash drive on October 18th, 2013.
- GVFHRA will provide flip charts and markers, microphone and sound for Power Point presentations or video if requested.
- Travel, housing and per diem costs, etc. are the sole responsibility of the speaker, not GVFHRA.
- Speakers are responsible to get permission to use copyrighted materials.
- GVFHRA will not reproduce handouts but will post handouts on the GVHRA Summit website in advance of the program for participant download. If a speaker wishes to provide handouts, it will be at your own expense.
- Speakers will be eligible to attend the remainder of the Summit (maximum of two active speakers per presentation) for the entire Summit. A waived Summit fee includes access to conference sessions, HRCI credits, lunch and breaks.
- Due to facility location rules, no books or other materials are permitted to be sold at the HR Summit. There can be no exceptions to this policy.
- Proposals received after May 1st, 2013 will be retained for future consideration either for a GVFHRA Meeting presentation, Seminar, or for the 2014 GVFHRA Summit.
Speaker selection and notification is expected to be completed by mid-June 2013.
Please review the following submission guidelines and sign and date in the area indicated below:
As the primary presenter for this proposed session, I have thoroughly read the submission guidelines, selection criteria, and terms for speaker compensation. I understand and agree that I will be responsible for communicating in a timely manner with the Greater Valley Forge HR Summit Committee, and co-presenter(s) regarding information about my presentation. I understand the following:
- The Greater Valley Forge HR Summit Committee has final determination of the format and length of my session.
- I am responsible for adhering to the Call for Presentation deadlines and guidelines for submission outlined in this document. If I fail to do so, the Greater Valley Forge HR Summit Committee reserves the right to remove my session from the Summit program.
- I am responsible for submitting presentation materials and handouts prior to the Summit for inclusion on the Greater Valley Forge HR Summit website. All final presentation materials are due August 16, 2013.
- Greater Valley Forge HR Summit Committee will not produce any handouts for distribution at the Summit. I am responsible for preparing handout materials for my session attendees.
- I grant permission for GVFHRA to reproduce and distribute session handouts prior to, during and after the conference. All Summit materials will be provided on the Registrant website two weeks prior to the Summit for the attendees to download.
- GVFHRA and SHRM programs are non-commercial forums. The direct promotion of products and services is prohibited.
- I, and my co-presenter (if applicable), grant permission for my Summit presentation to be video or audio-taped.
- I am responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce my handouts if they are copyrighted.
- I agree to refrain from overt statements, harsh language, or pointed humor that disparages the dignity and social equity of any individual or group.
- I agree to bring a back up copy of my presentation on a flash drive on the day of the Summit.
- If I am unable to present my program on the day of the Summit, I will notify GVFHRA as soon as possible and will offer a suggestion of a replacement speaker that could present my materials or another program of comparable professional level and topic.
I agree with the terms and conditions outlined above in this Call for Summit Proposals.
Name and any certification i.e. SPHR Date
E-mail Phone Number Mobile Phone
ALL SUBMISSIONS NEED TO BE SENT TO GVFHRA@AOL.COM BY MAY 1ST, 2013.